Lon,
Yes, the server automatically produces the CFID and
CFToken variables for each user. You do need to code
your application.cfm accordingly to take advantage of
them.

But, if you want to come back and access these
variables at a later date, you would be better off
setting client variables and store them in a backend
database.

HTH
Regards,
Rusher