or create an HTML file and set the mime type to excel. (works pretty slick).

From: "Dave Hannum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: CF-Talk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Using Excel COM Object without installing Excel
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 11:24:13 -0400

Are you wanting to create Excel .xls files to be deposited on the server?
If you're returning information to the browser where Excel with be engaged,
you have other options.  Using CFCONTENT, you can return a comma delimited
file that will engage Excel and be read by it.  You can do this without
Excel on the server.

Dave