Jeff Whatcott:
 I would like to add my thanks to Macromedia for listening to the CF
community. It is rare, surprising, and the single most important action
that has influenced my decision to continue to invest in CF.  I cannot
over emphasize that point.  I hope your superiors hear this and continue
to give you support when you listen to the CF community.

I am one of your most valued customers.  Why?  Because I am not one of
the hard core experienced CF developers that you have been hearing from
on the CF-Talk list (although I hope to become one).  I am an
experienced software developer who is moving over to web development in
a serious way, investing in training, selling clients on developing in
CF, selling other programmers to join me in using CF to develop web
applications.  I am an evanglelist on the use of Macromedia's
Dreamweaver and Fireworks products.  I look forward to the integration
aspects.  I am out there selling CF every day.

Shared hosting is a critical aspect for a large number of clients at
this stage in the promotion and use of CF.  On Sunday, I was holding my
breath.  I seriously thought that I might have to turn all of my
investment around, cancel some CF projects, and move to other platforms
(there is VERY high pressure from other teams of developers and clients
to move to ASP).  I chose CF over ASP for a variety of reasons.  CF is
the better choice in many cases.  It is a very productive tool with a
very short learning curve.

My point is that there are many out there who are in my position, even
more who WILL be in my position once Macromedia does a good job of
promoting CF with their other products.  Macromedia and CF are at a real
cross-roads.  I am bullish as can be on the merger.  Macromedia crushed
the competition in the web development tool market.  MS isn't even in
the running, not in the same universe.  Anyone with any creative mind
can see the huge opportunities for Macromedia to make CF a common
standard for the general web development community, the quick
integration of CF into other tools.

Please send the message to stay the course and look at the long run.
Your real revenue is with the mass market that Macromedia will capture
with integrated tools, something Macromedia knows how to do.  CF could
end up being the David that beats Goliath.

Humbly and respectfully,
Eric Root
http://www.MountainMyst.com/