On 5/3/01 12:53 PM Mark Smeets wrote:

> So, here is my question and basically it's a problem.
>
> Now when you open any Access file you get that little annoying ldb file with
> it, it closes no problem if you're working with Access directly however what
> if the Access file is on a server and you don't have access to it directly?
>
> What if I need to replace that database with a new one (and that stupid ldb
> file won't go away)?
>
> Any ideas would greatly help.

I have the same situation, here's what I do. Put a file on the remote server
called "killdb.cfm" the contents of which are:

<cfquery datasource="#yourdatasourcename#" name="blah">
    select * from any_table_that_does_not_exist
</cfquery>

Run that script and of course you will get an error, but you also get rid of
the DB connection, and the LDB file!

- Sean