Can you not run SQL server on a differnet box?

-----Original Message-----
From: Kay Smoljak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 04 May 2001 09:11
To: CF-Talk
Subject: databases for CF on Solaris?

Hi,

I have to quote on a CF site that will be hosted on a Solaris box. Trouble
is, as an NT-bunny I have no idea what databases there are available for
Solaris. Could anyone could suggest a decently robust one and give me an
idea of the price range? I'm looking for something roughly equivalent to MS
SQL Server or Borland Interbase - ie I know Oracle is available but that's
gonna be overkill I think.

Thanks,
Kay.