I haven't decided yet on which SQL version to use : 7 or 2000 (any major
diffrence?,
because money is an issue...)

can you tell me a bit more about the enignes you assembled?
I currently have the content as pure txt that resides on the file system
(i.e - 100s and 1000s
of .txt files on my hdd). what is the best way to export that data into
tables?
I need to keep track of the full filename (put it as colum1) and the file
content and colum2

I'll read more about it at sqlmag.com and msdn but if you can tell me abit
about your
wide experince I would be glad!!