***************************** Team Allaire *****************************
> I haven't decided yet on which SQL version to use : 7 or 2000 (any major
> diffrence?,
> because money is an issue...)

sql server 2000's full text has quite a few nice improvements. we can't even
buy new sql server 7 here.

> of .txt files on my hdd). what is the best way to export that data into
> tables?

start with a good db design. DTS as the import tool.

> wide experince I would be glad!!

we didn't even consider it at 1st but verity (geez how cf centric)
didn't have thai language & their local vendor at the time suggested
another solution (buy a solaris box, buy informix, shove our thai
content into informix, search informix ;-) that seemed a bit well,
stupid. we started looking at other technologies & fell onto sql
server 7 full text indexing a couple of years ago. worked with
thai right for the start. much quicker than verity, better suited
(in my opinion) for db text searches than verity. what verity
does much better (again in my opinion) is searching against
different table structures (yes you can work around in it sql
server but its a pain) & mixing file system & db searching,
i think thats quite cool (again you can do this with sql server
& IIS indexing but not as clean as verity). in our case, at least,
its the thai language that tipped the balance away from verity.