Thanks to all who answered my plea for help. The situation is still not
resolved, but I have more detailed and better information about the problem.

The 'problem' server is in another building in our complex and sits in a
different domain from the one I am in. The administrator for the web server
is able to access .cfm files just fine from the web server itself and from
his own personal workstation that is in the same domain as the server. The
access problem is occurring with those of us who are in a domain different
from the one the server is in and who also don't have admin rights to the
server. We are unable to access any .cfm file including the CF Administrator
or application files. Instead we get the IE popup authentication box asking
for username, password, domain. After three tries at this box we get the
401.3 ACL IIS error page.

We had Allaire/Macromedia support on the phone for a couple of hours
yesterday and they walked us through countless checks, processes and MS
Knowledgebase procedures and still we cannot solve this one.

Does this ring any bells for anyone?

Thanks!

George
[EMAIL PROTECTED]