The SQL Enterprise Manager will default to port 1433, so unless you changed
it, I wouldn't worry about that.

Try re-establishing the connection with the Client Network Utility.  Also,
try using a different authentication routine.  For example, login to Win98
as the username/password combo you would use to connect to the SQL server
and then try using trusted connection instead of SQL authentication.

If all else fails, call the ISP and have them walk you through it.

---mark

Mark Warrick - Fusioneers.com
Personal Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Business Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]