I've discovered the CFQUERY actually works fine if the SQL is like
this:

SELECT field1, field2
FROM Table

(with or without the semi-colon)

....but it fails on:

SELECT *
FROM Table

Could this be an MDAC version issue? When I installed Ent Mgr, it
apparently installed MDAC 6, according to the results of
Component Checker. If it's MDAC-related, how tricky is it to go
back to MDAC 2.1 SP2?

Gene Kraybill