I am using CFEXECUTE to run a command line utility on Windows 2000. I use
the outputfile attribute, and it does create a text file with the correct
output in it.  ColdFusion does have full access permissions to the directory
where the file resides.  However, I cannot read the file with CFFILE. The
error message I get says that the file is locked.  I tried putting in a
delay between the CFEXECUTE and the CFFILE, but nothing seems to work - not
even a 20 second delay.

There is a bug report (19123) that mentions this issue, but it was supposed
to be fixed in the release version of CF5. I am running the most recent
release.

Anyone have advice on how to resolve this?

Code:

<cfexecute name="c:\winnt\addusers.exe" arguments="#domain# /c
f:\temp\usermagr\adduser.txt"
outputfile="f:\temp\usermagr\output.txt"></cfexecute>

<cffile action="READ" file="f:\temp\usermagr\output.txt" variable="results">

-Mike

Michael Sprague
Web Developer, Hamilton College
198 College Hill Road