On 7/13/01, Dave Watts penned:
>  > Why is it that some hosts won't store client variables in a
>  > default database?
>
>If you change the default client variable storage repository to a database,
>you won't be able to access the CF Administrator if you can't connect to the
>database. You can fix this by going into the registry and changing the
>appropriate value, but that's my guess why they do it like they do.

I believe CF Administrator uses the registry no matter what the
default is. I use an Access database on my development machine as the
default client storage and just renamed it and accessed CF
Administrator just fine.
--

Bud Schneehagen - Tropical Web Creations

ColdFusion Solutions / eCommerce Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.twcreations.com/
954.721.3452