I hope you guys can help me, because I'm a newbie to multi-server clustered
environment and I'm getting more confused every day as I try to wrestle with
client variables,  only to find every turn I take leads me to a dead end
street.

I have no access to the administrator, the registry or anything at all
central.  In fact it takes a week or more to get a response from the system
administrator (which is another story that's giving me food for thought
about where I host my sites!)  I have to implement an authentication system
on a site where I have to use client variables, because it's a cluster
environment, and I am not allowed to rely on any central variable storage.

So that means I have to use cookies, and a table in my SQLServer7 datasource
to keep track of all the CFIDs and CFTOKENS.  (Is that correct?  If not I'm
barking up the wrong tree entirely!)

Therefore, I have to create a table in my datasource to keep hold of all the
sessions.  What fields should I have in my table if all I want to do is just
identify one user session from another?    If I want to hold the levels of
access data too, should I keep that in there or go back to the users table
every page looking for that info?

And how do I maintain this table so it doesn't just get bigger and bigger
forever?

Cheers,
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia