Hello all,

I require some assistance on using an interbase 6.0 database with
ColdFusion. I have no experience with interbase and no experience with
using an external ODBC driver with ColdFusion. So if I start to waffle,
you know why.

Installed on my server I have:

        ColdFusion Server, Version: 4.5.1 SP2,
        Interbase, Version: WI-V6.0.1.6,
        Easysoft ODBC driver, Version: 1.00.01.62
        (if you require more info, let me know)

So far I have been able to set up my datasource in the System DSN tab of
the ODBC Data Source Administrator in the control panel
and using the configure option I have been able to verify my database.
I have also successfully connected to the database using sqlcon32.exe
the result is displayed below:

        SQLDriverConnect Successful

        ODBC Version is : 03

        SQL Driver Name is : IB6ODBC
        SQL Driver Version is : 01.01.0062
        SQL DBMS Name is : Interbase
        SQL DBMS Version is : 01.01.0062

In Coldfusion Administrator I can see the datasource and I'm informed
that "The ODBC data source nationaltrustdb cannot be edited remotely" I
have provided the login information that I use in the datasource
configuration.
After all this Coldfusion is unable to verify the database. Can anyone
help me? It doesn't have to be much every little helps.
Thanks,
David A.
======================David Armstrong
Web Applications Developer