As a side, the book is out.  I have a copy sitting here that I ordered from
bookpool.com and received two weeks ago. It shipped same day.  I believe the
picture says coming soon, but the availability says its in-stock.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robi Sen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 3:09 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: .Net and ColdFusion

The book is not out yet.

As for .NET well you could use SOAP,and BizTalk (funny side note we wrote
the first BizTalk server in June 4, 1999
with ColdFusion, WDDX, and XSLT to translate the WDDX to XDR/BizTalk) but
you have to use a older version of SOAP
not 1.2 since the .NET framework is lagging a bit and their are some scheme
interpretation issues which is a little
funny since MS is one of the motivateing forces behind SOAP.

Since SOAP is XML and since XML is in general easy to work with and is
platform independant XML makes the most
sensible approach to a .Net integration all though you should be able to
easily call and wrap the various COM
interfaces to it from CF.  Or you could use C# and call it.  Frankly I have
not paid much attention to .NET in that
most of our client base will not touch a product until its been in
production for a year or so and they generally
use some flavour of UNIX so I am sure there is some one on this list who
would be a better source for you.

I am going to have a series of articles up about creating webservices with
CF at xml.granularity.com in about a
month or so.  You might want to check that out.

Robi