> I have a development machine that had a beta version of CF 5
> server on it. Now I have a release copy of CF 5 professional.
> I've tried to install it, but it doesn't allow me to, saying
> that there is a pre-release copy on the machine that has to be
> uninstalled first. I've tried to uninstall that version, but
> the same dialog box pops up. I've even gone in thru Add/Remove
> programs, and the same error message appears. Has anyone else
> run into this? I've tried everything, including deleting all
> traces from the registry and the cfusion folder.

I've seen a similar problem with CF 5. The root of the problem, if I
understand correctly, is that there's an "undocumented" registry key that
was created when you install CF 5, and you can't simply uninstall it and
reinstall it unless you put a serial number in when you installed it the
first time. Unfortunately, I don't know what that registry key is. However,
the installation tech support personnel do know what it is, and will
probably tell you if you call them.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496