Thomas Chiverton wrote:

>>There is no way to force a download in HTTP. You can only imply the
>>suggestion of a download by setting the type to
>>"application/octet-stream" in your cfcontent tag.
>>

> Although myself and a few others have had some good success (off list) using
> hidden frames, and some cunningness.

Based on what mechanism? AFAIK the closest thing that is in the HTTP
spec would be what is described in RFC 2616 19.5.1, which is the
"application/octet-stream" solution I provided. I presume there are
other methods that work with certain browsers, but how would you know
for sure it works with future browsers unless you base it on the HTP spec?

Jochem