From: Todd Ashworth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 11:05 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Locked Database

> Usually sending a bad query to the data source will break the lock.
> You can also set "disable database connections" in the CF
> Administrator.  If you disable db connections, make sure you enable
> them again, otherwise your site won't work :-)

The bogus query is a better option .. it is less intrusive and more
immediate than the "disable database connections" one.  The other method
I was refering to in my last post is the CFusion_DBConnections_Flush()
function.  That tends to break all DB connections without having to
change anything on the CF server.  To use it, set some temp variable to the function
.. .eg:  <cfset Variables.uselessTempVariable CFusion_DBConnections_Flush()>

Todd