All,

Our Cold fusion 5 server has been experiencing significant problems with our
client variables storage. We used a SQL Server datasource to store our
Client Variables. Before we took our database offline we changed the
administrator setting to store the client variables in the registry. However
our cold fusion server has been displaying erradic behaviour since then.
Random server crashes and no errors in the log files. I was finally able to
reinstate the client variables data source. this has resolved the problem
for now. This does however raise some concerns with me. Cold fusion is not
smart enough to detect that the client db is offline and just blows up. This
does not seem very robust. On top of this. When we had migrated away from
the db client variables cold fusion was still trying to terminate stale
variables in the db after the db had been removed from the list of client
var storage.

Leon