> Thank you, this is what I needed. Due to budget limitations I
> have to find a way to do this with ColdFusion 4.0. Any ideas
> on how to read an HTTP Post without using form variables, CFHTTP
> or CFFILE? (Remember, our customer is sending the XML file as
> an HTTP post)

Unfortunately, the answer is, "it depends". If you have any control over
what the customer will post, you might be able to have them rework it so
that it follows the traditional format for posted data within a form - that
is, simply sticking something like this in front of the XML body of the POST
request:

myvar=

That's a crappy solution, though, even if it does work. As an alternative,
you might use something other than CF to receive the POST request - I've
used ASP in the past for this. I don't think there's much else you can do.
I'm just glad they've addressed this in CF 5 - I could do this with ASP when
it came out.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496