Conan,

I am having no trouble using your xml to do your address verification
request.

begin XML doc (conan.xml):
************************************
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<AccessRequest>
<AccessLicenseNumber>YOURACCESS#</AccessLicenseNumber>
<UserId>YOURUSERID</UserId>
<Password>YOURPASSWORD</Password>
</AccessRequest>
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<AddressValidationRequest xml:lang="en-US">
<Request>
<TransactionReference>
<CustomerContext>Maryam Dennis-Customer Data</CustomerContext>
<XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion>
</TransactionReference>
<RequestAction>AV</RequestAction>
</Request>
<Address>
<City>Miami</City>
<StateProvinceCode>FL</StateProvinceCode>
</Address>
</AddressValidationRequest>

begin CF template:
************************************
<cfsilent>
<cffile action="READ" file="d:\yourdirectoryname\conan.xml"
variable="xmlDoc">
<cfobject name="objXMLHTTP" class="msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP" action="create"
type="COM">
<cfscript>
        // for Address Verification

objXMLHTTP.open("POST","https://wwwcie.ups.com/ups.app/xml/AV",false);

objXMLHTTP.open("POST","https://www.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Track",false);
        objXMLHTTP.setRequestHeader("Method", "POST");
        objXMLHTTP.setRequestHeader("Content-Type",
"application/x-www-form-urlencoded");
        objXMLHTTP.send(xmlDoc);
</cfscript>
</cfsilent><cfcontent
type="text/xml"><cfoutput>#objXMLHTTP.responseText#</cfoutput>

Chris