I'd make sure your client variables are stored in database and not use
session variables at all.

Just my opinion.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Dempsey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 22 August 2001 15:14
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Copying a huge structure from Session to Request scope to avoid
locking

Folks,

I have a (possibly) huge structure being maintained in Session scope. I am
in the process of making sure that I have all the appropriate locks when
referring to the structure.

My question is this:

One of my templates makes a number of references (some read only, some
write) to this structure. Is it better for me (performance-wise) to make a
duplicate of the session structure in the Request scope and place the locks
around that copy thereby no longer needing locks around the other
references, Or is it better just to put locks on all the other references?
Is this simply a matter of how many references there ans some number of them
make a break-even point?

Thanks,
  -- Tim Dempsey