Bryan...

Love that you responded... I was beginning to feel invisible on this list ;-)

Ummmmmm... Ok You say the DBServer should absorb the load, not the CFServer.

So Refinding 100 indexed database records is faster/easier/MoreResource Efficient than
CFServer manipulating 100 records stored in an Array. Very Interesting point.

RE the interface:

Thanks for the ideas... not sure what I'll be doing... Currently I have three submit
buttons for each Row now... insert above this row, delete this row, edit this row.
Just want to work out the best way to do this before going on because it will be
central and used heavily in the rest of this application.

again, thanks for making me not feel so invisible ;)
Gonzo