Lets look at the difference between a function that works on variables vs.
one that works on an array.
ucase(attribute) returns the attribute after it has been made all uppercase.
ArrayResize(array, minimum_size) - this will resize the array that you pass
to it. The array is NOT returned as a function value. This looks like a
reference call to me.
StructClear(structure) - clears the structure without deleting it. The
structure is NOT returned as a function value. This looks like a reference
call.
Most of the Array functions do not return an array. This make it 'feel'
like a reference call.