> Lets look at the difference between a function that works on
> variables vs. one that works on an array. ucase(attribute)
> returns the attribute after it has been made all uppercase.
> ArrayResize(array, minimum_size) - this will resize the array
> that you pass to it. The array is NOT returned as a function
> value. This looks like a reference call to me. StructClear(structure)
> - clears the structure without deleting it. The structure is
> NOT returned as a function value. This looks like a reference
> call. Most of the Array functions do not return an array. This
> make it 'feel' like a reference call.

OK. I see what you're saying, I guess. On the other hand, lots of functions
don't return values, and don't pass anything by reference either. CF as a
language is a bit inconsistent, I guess, and there's not much to be done
about it now.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496