From: Gary Kraeger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2001 1:41 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: XML Parser for CF

Rob:

Well we ran some tests using our XML parser and the MSXML parser.  We
found that the average parsing times differed by quite a bit when
parsing the same XML file:  133.454545454545 (Ours) and
1140.68421052632 (MSXML).

Min Times:
 ours: 93
 msxml: 1109

Max Times:
 ours: 313
 msxml: 1172

When you add concurrent requests into the mix the response times get
very large, thus "buckling" under the load.

Our XML parser does not convert CF structures into XML, it simply parses
XML into coldfusion structures.  CFWDDX will convert a structure into
XML!

Gary
http://www.cfdev.com