The following article was very helpful to me:

http://www.allaire.com/Handlers/index.cfm?ID=18894&Method=Full&Cache=Off

I just completed a shopping cart based in part on this.

I used session variables to allow the adding and removal of items from the
cart (this article doesn't cover session variables).

H.

Howard Owens
Internet Operations Coordinator
www.insidevc.com