Hmm.  I must be missing something.  The article only talks about OLE DB
using SQL Server.   I've gotten this to work with machines on the same
network and across the country, but not like you described it.  With SQL
Server, you need to have one OLEDB data source already set up in the CF
administrator going to the same server, then you can access different
databases on that same server by specifying the dbname in the <CFQUERY> tag.
So I always set up an OLE DB datasource going to Northwind, and then change
the DBNAME in my <CFQUERY> tag to point to the correct database.

Is this what you're talking about, or were you talking about Access?

tom

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...