This will work in Access.  I just tried it out.

(ok, kinda missed the original post so this is just a guess, but here is an
example of combining two Access databases in one query)

http://cfhub.com/forum/index.cfm?FuseAction=Thread&TopicID=1914&Start=Last
=======================================
ok!  Not pretty but I got it working here...

Datasource1=iether of your valid datasources
t2 *the path to the second "database"
   *be sure to add the table name as "SecondDBTable"
   *SecondDbase is the filename of the second database

<cfquery datasource="DataSource1" name="myQuery">
   SELECT  t1.id, t1.Uname, t2.email
   FROM    members t1, C:\YourPath\SecondDbase.mdb.SecondDBTable t2
   WHERE   t1.Uname = t2.UserName
</cfquery>

<cfoutput query="MyQuery">
#Uname# #Email# <br>