You should be able to switch the connection type to OLEDB without any
problem, as long as you don't specify a DBTYPE of "ODBC" in your <cfquery>
tag.  It is definitely more stable, although I've found that the latest (2.5
or 2.6) MDAC drivers are fairly stable.  We used to have all sorts of
crashes when we had the 2.1 MDAC version.  We have a 1 gig Access 97
database which was later updated to a 1.6 gig Access 2000 database, and
haven't had any problems with it in 2 years (very low volume)

tom
www.basic-ultradev.com

> Does anyone have much experience using OLE DB instead of ODBC to connect
> Access databases that might be able to say whether it's any more stable?
> know that articles in the Allaire knowledgebase recommend OLE DB over
ODBC.