If memory serves, we tried it here. But, it didn't really help the problem.
We had an access database that was over 50 mb, and the server continually
hung. We found that the only way to get it to stop killing everyone else's
stuff was to move it to a different server. (I know, not what you wanted to
hear.)

The two things we did before that that seemed to help were:
1. Disable "maintain database connections" on ALL access datasource.
2. Scoured their code for any instances of using concantenation within sql
statements and removed them. (These don't work with access and cf for some
reason, though I'm not sure if that's still the case with 5.0.)

By the way, a group of developers has been working on migrating this to
oracle for over a year now. *sigh*

-Deanna

Deanna Schneider
Interactive Media Developer