From: Jeff Stone [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2001 11:26 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: OT: File Upload Question

Does anyone know if there is a maximum file size limit that the HTTP
protocol applies or that IIS applies by default when doing a file upload?  I
have a site where clients upload video files.  Some of these video files can
be up to 100MB.  The site is written in PHP and CGI (perl, yuck!).  I have
set IIS's CGI timeout setting to well over an hour, however, I get the good
ol "The page cannot be displayed" message whenever I try to upload a file
over 25MBs.  The error message appears within 30 seconds of the upload.
When I upload a file of 25MBs, it takes roughly 15 minutes to upload the
file, but it does upload successfully.  So, why will a 25MB file upload with
no problem but yet a 40MB file times out after 30 seconds?

The form that passes the video to the server is PHP.  Also, in the PHP
script, I am using the "set_time_limit(0)" command, similar to CF's
"requesttimeout".  The file that handles the upload itself is CGI.  I
couldn't find a command in cgi to set the timeout limit, so I set it in IIS.
I know this is off topic, but I was hoping someone may have an idea about
file uploads of this size.  All of the file uploading I have done in the
past have never gone over a few MBs.

Thanks for any help,

Jeff Stone
Stone Grove Design