At 16:45 13/11/01 Tyler Silcox said....
>Anybody out there in the great ColdFusion hell that is cfmail use
>ActiveMail from CFDev.com?  (http://www.cfdev.com/jmail/)  I talked to
>them a few weeks ago and it seems like a much needed replacement for
>cfmail.  I'm soliciting responses for how it's working for those of
>y'all that are using it; how many emails can it handle?  Do you loop
>around the tag or do you use ValueList()?, etc.  (How many values could
>ValueList() support in the first place?)  I know they are supposed to
>release an update sometime real soon, if they haven't done it already,
>that's supposed to handle a query input and a few other things...

I can not speak for Active Mail but can about the limitations of of
the CFMail tag.

We use Howie's iMS Server.  We use the SE edition regularly to send
out substantial volumes of customized mail.

Online Data Systems has a comparison of features of the various
replacements for CF Mail that you might find useful URL below.

Probably worth your while to look at all the solutions

http://www.coolfusion.com/imssecomparison.cfm

There is a an iMS support list which is very good.  I confess to
lurking and learning all the time. <grin>

Regards

Gordon