CFX_IMAGE outputs GIFs great... But it's jpegs tend to be quite low
quality. Jukka Manner, who wrote the tag, confirmed that this was a
known issue. Because of this we created a tag, cfx_pwimageproc, to do
the same thing, although due to licencing issues we couldn't have GIF
output - only JPEG and PNG. It's not free, but you can download a demo
and try it out from http://www.developer.perthweb.com.au.