> We've written our own 'spooling system' using SQL Server and an
> event script
> to fire off Jmail every five minutes. We've found this works a lot better
> than CF for bulk mail as you can use Microsoft's SMTP server and
> the pickup
> directory.

You can also use CFFILE to write directly to the Microsoft's SMTP server
pickup directory.  We do this and it works great.  Set up the SMTP server
purely as a relay off to a "real" mailserver, and messages fly off the
machine.  Plus you are allowing the right tool to do the right job.  CF
isn't a mass mailing server, it's an application server.  A server designed
specifically for handling email is virtually always going to beat one that
just "also features" email capability.

-Cameron

Cameron Childress
elliptIQ Inc.
p.770.460.1035.232
f.770.460.0963
--
http://www.neighborware.com
America's Leading Community Network Software