Just did a quick search of the Rockliffe KB, and there are several articles
on Network I/O errors having to do with connection terminations.  I am
suspecting that since CF thinks it sent the mail, the error is occurring at
the end of the command sequence.  Anything in the cfmail.log?

Yes, this problem may only happen with CF, and who knows, it might even be
because CF doesn't obey some standard RFC thingy.  However, the mailserver
should be able to gracefully handle this.  I would look further into your
mail server vendor's KB for a solution.

-Cameron

Cameron Childress
elliptIQ Inc.
p.770.460.1035.232
f.770.460.0963
--
http://www.neighborware.com
America's Leading Community Network Software