John Dowdell wrote:

> At 8:58 AM 12/17/1, Ian Lurie wrote:
>
>>Just started getting a 'certificate expired' warning when you
>>try to download the CFTREE applet on all of our CF sites...
>>Not to be a whiner, but geez, Macromedia, help us out here?
>>

> I'll try, but I'm not in the core ColdFusion support group, and I don't
> know of breaking issues day-by-day. Using the regular support options would
> be the assured path.

The response is already given in the regular channels ;)
In the ColdFusion Support Forum the following message was posted by
Michael Langner at (URL is wrapped, you know how to fix):
http://forums.allaire.com/coldfusion/frames.cfm?pagetoload=message
view%2Ecfm%3Floadedfromframes%3Dy%26catid%3D3%26threadid%3D235225

--

The ALLAIRE CORPORATION Verisign Certificate which we used to sign the
ColdFusion 5 Applets ( CFGrid, etc.) expired on 12/16/2001.

This means that browser users who are executing a ColdFusion Applet for
the first time will get the message box:

"This certificate has expired. Do you want to ignore this
warning and proceed?"

prior to getting the message box:

"Do you want to install and run signed applet distributed by
ALLAIRE CORPORATION?"

Users can answer "Yes" to both questions and proceed, but the first
message may cause some user consternation.

We have applied for a new certificate. This new certificate needs to be
for MACROMEDIA CORPORATION, because ALLAIRE CORPORATION can no longer
get a certificate from Verisign. It will take a few days to accomplish
this. As soon as we get it, we will sign a copy of
\CFIDE\Classes\CFJava2.jar and make it available as a hotfix.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
--

It appears you just have to sit it out until the new download is
available. A bit sloppy from MM, but there appears to be little anyone

Jochem