From: Jochem van Dieten [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2001 4:29 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: death of coldfusion

Ben Forta wrote:

> I also think that part of the frustration expressed on the Forums is
> frustration at the current economic situation in general.

And frustration with Macromedia in partcular :)

Why is there no information on Neo? Sure there was something presented
at the DevCon, but creating a Neo resource center with mailinglist and
not presenting any news easily raises the impression that nothing is
happening. It could be announced on the mailinglist that some alpha
release was shipped to selected partners (if you read very carefully
through all the 200+ messages you will find some indications of this on
the forums), but instead there is silence.

Imagine you are visiting your college buddies during the holiday season.
They all have nice stories about .NET and J2EE, and all we have is some
quotes about a product that some have seen but nobody has touched.
Nobody likes to have to listen to the success stories of others.

Jochem