Stomp away.  I've been corrected 4 times now, admitted the error of my ways,
and posted a function that will do the split like a vb split function.  Do
you forgive me?  ;-)

I assumed that because I had it working like this in a page, that it was
correct. I do it like that in VB, and assumed it to be similar in CF.

tom