From: Paris Lundis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2002 6:33 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Macromedia's destruction of the Allaire Site...

developer's exchange is a key part of the community.. if it were to go
way-side due to a bad implementation or frustration, it certainly would
decrease core community... of course, we have this list as well....  but
the
point in part is, support cost and the cost to maintain a community is
big,
but build loyalty, return sales, etc...

USAIR doesn't cancel all flights to do upgrades to its fleet.. nor does
the
FDIC close its digital systems... there always must be contingency
plans..
downtime minimized... no matter what size you are...

migration is no exception...

I don't envy the job... mergers and acquisitions can lead to goofy
leadership wars... I only hope that Macromedia doesn't fumble the ball
on
the Allaire products... and the community...

-paris