First off, I find sessions locking to be the most annoying thing in the
world and thus use databased client vars.  If you think theres even a
slight
chance of moving to a clusterd environment, then this is the time to
switch.
It ends up with cleaner code so you might want to try it anyway.
Theres not
even a minimal performance gain especially when two people are looking
up
the same values.

Secondly, This can be a logic problem in coldfusion that might cause
this so
beware of that and find a way to test your code to the point where you
are
completely certain. (if your completely certain now, then test it again
in a
different fashion)

Thirdly, the two clients were in the same office on your network on
somewhere else behind a firewall?  Firewalls sometimes mess with
cookies.
So, are you appending the cfid and token to each link or relying on
cookies?
However note that appending it to the url makes it easy for a user to
switch
the numbers and try and session hop.  Not that opening the cookie is
that
hard either.  I've been tinkering with tracking that info in two places
(cookie and encrypted url) and comparing the values at each http
request.
You might want to try something like this to ensure that the tracking
info
cant be messed with.

DRE