> > No, no one has done this, because I don't think it can be
> > done. You can have as many virtual web servers as you like
> > on a single machine, but they'll all be serviced by a single
> > CF server.
>
> Actually you can do this with VMWare, it allows you to bind
> multiple IP addresses across different Virtual Machines (on one
> server), so if for instance you had a DHCP server assigning
> addresses, you would have one IP address per VM. And so since
> you have multiple OS's running you can have multiple CF servers
> running on one machine.

When using VMware, you end up with multiple virtual machines. Within any of
these machines, you can only run one copy of CF. In any case, I don't think
you'd want to host web content on VMware, for performance reasons. I use
VMware quite a bit (right now, I've got three VMs on my Windows 2000 laptop,
and they can all talk to each other over IP, which is kind of amazing), but
you end up with multiple OSs, obviously, and serious constraints with regard
to memory and general performance issues.

In any case, it's not available for Solaris, I don't think.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444