ANN: Macromedia Designer - Developer Portal goes live

Hey all. I wanted to announce the release of our Designer Developer Center
on Macromedia.com. The DesDev center is the place where we are going to be
posting all our articles and tips and tutorials and technotes and so on,
both from Macromedia sources and from out in the community as well. This is
our first release and as our content engines start to move and we collect
more content to put on the site, we will be moving to weekly updates.

Come take a look at http://www.macromedia.com/desdev

There are two sides of the DesDev portal, one for Designers that highlights
Dreamweaver and Flash and creating graphics and interfaces; the visual
things that you do with our software. And there will be a Developer side
that concentates on ColdFusion, JRun and UltraDev and the code and
applications that you might build. You should look at both and browse
through some of the articles.

I would even say that you might want to start with my column, Logged_In
where I talk a little bit about extensions or John Dowdell's JD's Forum
where he asks you questions about your perception of Flash security. Some
of the other features are:

- Template Tips (Dreamweaver)
- Using Shared Libraries (Macromedia Flash)
- Creating a Simple Custom Object (Dreamweaver)
- Quick Tips Using Dreamweaver and Fireworks
- Extension Reviews (Macromedia Flash, Dreamweaver)
- ColdFusion Advanced Custom Tag Syntax (ColdFusion)
- Writing Maintainable Code (ColdFusion)
- What's So Great About User Defined Functions? (ColdFusion)
- Using Custom Functions Within Custom Tags (ColdFusion)
- Nuts & Bolts: About Objects (Flash Developer Helen Triola)
- Getting Started with JRun Server Tags (JRun)
- Using the Oracle Implementation of the Pooled Connection Interface
(JRun)
- Creating a Reusable Server Behavior (Dreamweaver UltraDev)
- How to Use JavaBeans in Dreamweaver UltraDev 4.0 (Dreamweaver
UltraDev)
- Extension Reviews (Dreamweaver UltraDev, ColdFusion)

Hope you enjoy it!