Hi everyone,
I keep getting these weird errors with Oracle 8i that of course are being
blamed on ColdFusion. Here goes.
Our webserver sits in the DMZ and our database server is  inside the
firewall. All traffic going from the webserver goes through the firewall to
talk to the database.
I seem to be able to access the database through coldfusion 90% of the time,
but sometimes I will get an ORA-0 error or an ORA-12203:TNS:unable to
connect to destination error, both of which result in massive errors in the
application and the eventual rebooting of the machine.
I am thinking it may be a network issue, but because coldfusion is new to
this company they want to blame it. If I log in with sql+ (an oracle client)
I can access the datasource w/o trouble, although cf can't even verify the
datasource. This usually happens after several moderate hits to the
datasource.
We are running CF 4.5.2 with all the appropriate patches applied on a Compaq
Windows 2000 machine with all the appropriate service packs applied to
Win2K. Our database is Oracle 8i - anyone have some suggestions?
Greatly appreciated!
Debbie M.