At 10:54 AM 02/07/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>1. I want HomeSite 5 to detect and bring in the settings I have with
>HomeSite 4.5.2 and then I want to uninstall 4.5.2 but if I do that I then
>have to reinstall 5 but my 4.5.2 will be gone, along with all it's settings,
>so I won't be able to migrate over my settings again? Does this mean that to
>migrate my settings I have to leave 4.5.2 on my PC after I install 5?
>Forever? Same thing with CF Studio 4.5.2 and 5.0?

  Well, you can check out the UserData folder in your installation
directory.  For CF Studio, I believe it contains all your user
settings.  Back it up and you should be able to restore your settings just
by replacing the directory and re-loading home-site.
  Although, I can't say for certain, I'd also look for some sort of
HomeSite.Ini file

>2. I don't want to install JRun Studio 3.0.1 (or JRun 3.0.1, I'm confused
>about which one they mean, studio or the app server or both?). At least not
>now. But I might want to later. If I do it later then I will have to
>reinstall both HomeSite 5 and CF Studio 5 and I'll lose my settings again?

  I'd guess they mean JRun studio, although I can't say for certain.

>3. Does the shared files paragraph really mean that if I ever uninstall
>HomeSite 5.0/CF Studio 5.0 and I want to reinstall them I first have to
>reinstall versions 4.5.2 or make sure they are still on my PC? Are versions
>4.5.2/5.0 of HomeSite/Studio forever joined at the hip if I want to retain
>my settings?

  I bet they mean that HomeSite / Studio 4.5.2 uses old versions of a
specific DLL.  HomeSite/ CF Studio 5 uses newer versions.  5 won't work on
the older versions, but 4.5.2 will work on the newer versions.  If you
re-install 4.5.2 then you over-write the new versions.

  Of course, this is all speculation.

--
Jeffry Houser | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
AIM: Reboog711  | ICQ: 5246969 | Fax / Phone: 860-223-7946