From: John B. White [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 10:19 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Installing HomeSite/CF Studio 5.0 when 4.5.2 is on PC

Okay...slightly off topic, but this sounds like I should seriously consider
purchasing CF Studio?  Right now I hand code everything (since I'm trying to
learn).  What advantages are there to using Studio?

Currently I use:

1st Page 2000 by EvrSoft
- Which has some CF tags and the ability to add more...and is free!
Arachnophilia
- Also free and a nice little interface for Tidy HTML
Netscape Composer
- Yes it writes crappy code but for initial page layout, its quick and
simple.
And its free!

This is not a production environment.  I'm teaching myself CF so I can give
my
informatics students a taste of dynamic page generation and the use of a web
app
for patient information etc.  Suggestions on making this easier are welcome,
probably off list ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).

BTW, I've learned alot from watching this list and viewing the <cfsnippits>
of
posts.  :)

--JW

.