If that's the case and it works fine once you have refreshed, it sounds like
the browser is caching the page. You can use <cfcache> to control client
caching.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 19 February 2002 17:00
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Client Variable Question

It's not secure.

Here's how it works ... user arrives at home page.  There is a login box on
the page (as part of much more on the page).

What is supposed to happen is user logs in, page is reloaded.  The login box
goes away, some new, members only content appears.

The new content appears based on whether the login is successful. That isn't
a problem.

The login box goes away based on a couple of client variables being set.
But the login box doesn't go away. Hit refresh, and it does go away.

H.