>Does it take 50 seconds to run the query or 50 seconds to load the page?
>Are you connecting to the DB using the same driver? How about your
>network?

50 seconds to run the query only. I've even extracted the query into its own
template and get the same results. And yes, I am using the same driver.

What really baffles me is that it works well in SQL Plus but then chokes in
CF. My speculation is that it may have to do with how CF is retrieving and
returning the record set. But I wouldn't even know where to look "under the
hood" to analyze that -- I'm not a Unix guy.

Also, if this were happening with all my queries, then I'd have something to
go on. But it's literally just this one query that is choking, and is
actually a lot less complex than some other queries on the page. It's a
simple select that calls a User-Defined Oracle function in the SQL along
with two other columns from the table. I targeted the UDF as a potential
culprit, but even removing that doesn't help.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks for the reply,
Dave.