I have never been able to get IE for Windows to submit two pages on a
double click, but Netscape for Linux, and Irix will allow a double
submit.  I can replicate the double submit consistently on Linux, and Irix.

My action page was not suppose to run if it had already run (based on
looking at a database table to stop the running), but when the page is
submitted twice at the exact same time the action page would run twice.

Since adding that java code i have not had any more problems.