Um...yes of course.

Please hold all derisive laughter till the end.
*wry grin*

Check the top where I am grabbing the next sequence number.

I am wondering whether this is all wrong..and I should not use this
number that I get in the qryStoreMain when I am doing the insert,
instead of using the next sequence...

I should be determining #TheMainID# and using that in my qryStoreMain
instead.Right now I am just using the tblmainentrysequence
value...essentially the autonumber value straight from the table.

I am thinking that this could throw everything off if say two or three
other orders go through at the same time...
then the sequence values will be off,although this is all wrapped in a
CFTRANSACTION?

About 400 people hit the system this morning for the first time. Before
that we were only able to test about 10

-Gel

---------Long Code Snippet-------

<CFTRANSACTION>

<!---- Grab the next sequence number from the default DUAL table
available in all oracle
installations for insertion into the Detail table --->
<CFQUERY name="qryGetLastID" datasource="xxxxxxxx" dbtype="Oracle80">

        SELECT tblmainentry_seq.nextval AS ID

        FROM dual

</CFQUERY>

<CFQUERY name="qryGPD" datasource="xxxxxxxx" dbtype="Oracle80">

        Select SAP_IO_DESC FROM Project_Information

        WHERE SAP_IO_NBR = #form.ordernum#

</CFQUERY>

<cfquery name="qryStoreMain" datasource="xxxxxxxx" dbtype="Oracle80">
INSERT INTO tblMainEntry

(MainID,ordernum,empname,empid,projdesc,startdate)

VALUES

(tblmainentry_seq.nextval,#form.ordernum#,'#form.empname#',#Client.EmplI
D#,'#qryGPD.SAP_IO_DESC#',to_date('#form.startdate#','mm/dd/yyyy'))

</cfquery>

<CFSET TheMainID = #EVALUATE("qryGetLastID.ID + 1")#><!--- Set a
variable to the next ID in the Main ID sequence of records for use in
the DetailEntry table--->

<!--- Insert the Equipment Table Data --->

<CFINCLUDE template="insertequipmentdata.cfm">

<!--- END INSERT EQUIPMENT TABLE DATA --->

<!--- USe this loop to scan the range of dates and insert data into the
details table --->

<cfloop CONDITION="#CurrentDate# LTE #EndDate#">

<CFIF #Evaluate("Reg_#DateFormat(currentdate,'mmddyyyy')#")# GT 0>

        <CFQUERY name="InsertDetailRegData" datasource="xxxxxxxx">
        INSERT INTO tblDetailEntry

(DetailID,MainID,RecordDate,reghrs,othrs,shift,bill,attendance_code,comm
ents,category_cd,pscode)

        VALUES

        (tbldetailentry_seq.nextval,#TheMainID#,

        to_date('#CurrentDate#','mm/dd/yyyy'),

        <!--- Process Missing Regular Hours --->
        <CFIF #Evaluate("Reg_#DateFormat(currentdate,'mmddyyyy')#")# Is
Not "">
                #Evaluate("Reg_#DateFormat(currentdate,'mmddyyyy')#")#

                <CFINCLUDE template="GetAttendanceCode_Reg.cfm">

        <CFELSE>
                0
        </CFIF>,

        <!--- Process Missing Overtime Hours --->
                0,
        <!--- All other fields will have a value --->

        #Evaluate("shift_#DateFormat(currentdate,'mmddyyyy')#")#,
        <CFIF IsDefined("Bill_#DateFormat(currentdate,'mmddyyyy')#") >

        '#Evaluate("Bill_#DateFormat(currentdate,'mmddyyyy')#")#' <!---
If there is a value for Billing field then use that value to insert into
database --->

        <CFELSE>
        'off' <!--- Otherwise set the BIlling field to off --->
        </CFIF>,
        #Evaluate("attendancecode_#DateFormat(startdate,'mmddyyyy')#")#,
        <!--- Check for the existence of a Comment and Process if one
exists --->
        <CFIF
IsDefined("Client.Comment_#Evaluate("#DateFormat(CurrentDate,'mmddyyyy')
#")#")>

'#Evaluate("Client.Comment_#Evaluate("#DateFormat(CurrentDate,'mmddyyyy'
)#")#")#'
        <CFELSE>
        'No Comment'
        </CFIF>,
        <CFIF
IsDefined("Client.CommentCategory_#Evaluate("#DateFormat(CurrentDate,'mm
ddyyyy')#")#")>

'#Evaluate("Client.CommentCategory_#Evaluate("#DateFormat(CurrentDate,'m
mddyyyy')#")#")#'
        <CFELSE>
        'No Code'
        </CFIF>,
        <!---- Insert the PSCODE into the Details Table - 18-Nov-2001
--->
        '#PSCodeReg#')

        </CFQUERY>

</CFIF> <!--- CFIF Evaluate... --->

This same code is simply repeated for Overtime Hours.

-Gel